- Connect to your Lakeland Networks Router either through a hardwired Ethernet networking cable or through the default WiFi connection. To connect to the default WiFi use the sticker located on the bottom of the router.
SSID (WiFi Name)
WPA key (WiFi Password)
Please note: if you change the WiFi settings while you are using WiFi, you may be disconnected and need to reconnect. Best practice: make WiFi Changes while connected with a network cable.
- Once connected, log into your Lakeland Networks Router:
- Open your desired web browser
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.1
- You will be brought to a page where you’ll be prompted for your username and password. You can find the admin username and password located on the front white label of your Lakeland Networks Router.
- Enter the information and click Login
- Click on the Wireless tab. You will see your 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz networks on the left hand side. Under each network select SSID Setup.
- You will now have the option to use the default name, or the name you’d like. Enter it into the text field and click Apply.
- Just underneath SSID Setup, select Security. Here you can use the default security key or one of your own. Enter it in the text field and click Apply.
- Repeat steps 4–7 under the 5GHz network.
- Once you have changed the WiFi Name in the router, you will need to connect your devices to the new WiFi network.