Internet Speed Test
Welcome to Lakeland Networks’ speed test. To begin a speed test, click the “Go” button below.
How to get the best results:
- Plug the device you are testing directly into your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Ensure that all other applications on your computer are closed.
- Run the test at a time when no other users on the network are downloading or uploading files.
Note: For best results, ensure that your device is plugged directly into your router.
Server: Below the “Go” button there is a drop-down menu to select the server you are testing from. The best SpeedTest server to use is “Lakeland Networks” or another server near you.
What do the results mean?
- Mbps: Megabits per second is a unit of measuring the speed that data is passed across the internet.
- Download: This is the speed that your computer was able to receive data from the SpeedTest server.
- Upload: This is the speed that your computer was able to transmit data to the SpeedTest server.
- Ping: The ping is the time, in milliseconds, that it takes for your computer to send data to the SpeedTest server and for it to respond.
- Jitter: Jitter is the average difference between the mean ping time displayed in milliseconds.
For any questions regarding your internet service please see our internet FAQ page.
Still can’t find what you’re looking for?
Let our local experts help you.
Local: 705-646-1846 | Toll free: 1-844-444-4249