Lakeland Networks Ltd. is looking for a Wireless Project Planner who will provide support in the planning and management of Wireless Broadband Services (i.e., Point to Point, Point to Multipoint, Backhaul, Bandwidth). This successful applicant will be innovative, hardworking, and a team player. Applicants are expected to have recent and proven experience in the areas of Major Project Management and Technical Solutions. The candidate must be familiar with the regulations and contracts that govern wireless broadband services and infrastructure.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Leads projects and assumes day-to-day planning, management, and control of network development projects, including the selection of methodologies, techniques, and equipment which are appropriate to the project(s). The resource is accountable for ensuring the successful completion of all phases of projects from inception, construction, transition, to implementation. This includes responsibility for staffing, budgeting, scheduling monitoring, and reporting.
- Evaluate technical and financial viability of wireless expansion opportunities with considerations given to development costs, backhaul capacity, and revenue potential of targeted households.
- Establish projects plans and budgets.
- Play a key role in wireless capital builds.
- Coordinate agreements with municipal and private landowners for site access, construction, and maintenance.
- Obtain Municipal approvals required for developing new sites.
- Monitor projects progress, while acting as a liaison, in coordination with other departments, procurement, suppliers, and contractors.
- Lead any request for wireless broadband opportunity processes(RFP, RFS, RFQ, RFI)
- Stay current and abreast of new technologies to better ensure that the current architecture is capable of future enhancements and does not become technologically obsolete.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a post secondary degree or diploma in a related program.
- Minimum 5+ years of wireless broadband project management experience
- Excellent understanding of wireless networks and the end-to-end infrastructure
- Experience in the deployment of Wireless Broadband Services in Canada, including Industry Canada, NAV Canada, ISED, Municipal Consultations, and Transport Canada rules, regulations, and processes.
- Demonstrated analytical and interpretative skills with knowledge of research design and methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to conduct professional and collaborative business and technical communications.
- Must be fully licensed to drive in Ontario with a Class “G” driver’s license.
Please submit a cover letter & resume to Taylor Servos (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00pm on May 30th, 2021. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.