Lakeland Networks is looking for a responsible, knowledgeable, and energetic student to provide general labour support to the network operations and assist the full-time staff for a summer term beginning in May 2022.
DUTIES (Including but not limited to):
- Assist the Technicians during operation of Lakeland Networks equipment including vibrational plows, mini excavators, directional drill, etc.
- Operation of tools and equipment
- Heavy lifting and mobility/flexibility required
- Ensure job sites are maintained in a safe manner (trenches fenced off, holes covered, proper traffic control, etc.)
- Assist in reading and following locates and locate underground utilities
- Restore lawns and areas disturbed to previous conditions or better
- Must be able to work safely following all Regulations, company safety policies and standard operating procedures
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to work effectively and safely in a team setting
- Perform other duties as may be assigned including yard maintenance, maintaining a clean and orderly shop
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be attending a post-secondary institution program in a relevant discipline or industry experience
- Knowledge and/or experience of the maintenance, operation and theory of telecommunications
- Ability to use a variety of tools and equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sufficient physical strength and health to manually move material.
- Must have a valid Class “G” driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised, as well as in a team setting.
Please submit a detailed cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lakeland Holding Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Lakeland offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Lakeland regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Seasonal
- Monday to Friday