Located in beautiful Muskoka, working out of our Huntsville location and reporting to the Controller, we have a great opportunity to further develop your career.
Lakeland Holding Ltd.’s Finance and Accounting Team is growing, and we are looking for an energetic, career minded and hardworking individual to join our team. The scope of this position is varied and requires you to be able to learn the business, provide accurate reporting, work closely with fellow accounting professionals while assisting the Operations team in their reporting and financial accountability.
Your key areas of responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Bank and Cash reconciliations
- Responsible for the day-to-day general ledger accounting as per IFRS
- Complete and submit HST Remittances.
- Perform Journal entries and monthly balance sheet analysis.
- Complete Regulatory reporting on financial and operating data.
- Investigate and report to the Controller any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Responsible for the overview of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.
- Complete month end accruals.
- Responsible for Inventory reconciliation.
- Prepare financial reports as requested.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance.
- Be the first point of contact for issues and questions.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 3 to 5 years of directly related, progressively responsible experience.
- Completion or pursuit of a professional accounting designation is preferred
- Thorough understanding of IFRS accounting principles.
- Must have experience with Accounting software – Preference is Microsoft Great Plains
- Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with an ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Strong presence with the ability to interact constructively.
- Financial modelling expertise a plus
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 8th at 5:00 pm.
Lakeland Holding Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Lakeland Holding Ltd. offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Lakeland Holding Ltd. regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.