Lakeland Networks, based in Bracebridge, is looking for a Professional, Technically Capable, Confident, and Energetic Fibre Technician who is responsible for the installation of a full suite of telecommunications services in Muskoka.
Your main responsibilities will be to assist/complete the installation of new aerial and underground fibre cabling, install fibre to home, splice fibre optic cables, service and trouble-shoot fibre related issues, handle customer complaints, questions and develop solutions, complete work/service orders within the allotted time frames according to quality standards.
- Install new aerial fibre cabling on hydro poles to code/Install fibre to home
- Assist in underground construction
- Splice fibre optic cables
- Service and trouble-shoot fibre related issues
- Handle customer complaints, questions and develop solutions
- Responsible for completing work/service orders within the allotted time frames
- Ensure all installation/service work is done according to quality standards
- Report and communicate with dispatch according to company procedures
- Assist with work overflow as needed
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in telecommunications is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Working at heights certification is an asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, be comfortable working at heights and in small spaces
- Experience in operating aerial devices, directional drills, excavators, and vibrational plows an asset.
- Valid class “G” driver’s license with good driving record – able to or possess DZ License
- Bondable Education and/or Experience. High school diploma or GED; college courses in technology a definite benefit or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
*Aptitude testing, clean driver’s abstract and criminal background clearance may be required.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resumes via email at email@example.com by January 2, 2023.
Lakeland Holding Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Lakeland offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If Lakeland contacts you regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.