Lakeland Networks, based in Bracebridge, is looking for a Professional, Technically Capable, Confident, and Energetic Fibre Technician who is responsible for the installation of a full suite of telecommunications services in Muskoka.
Your main responsibilities will be to assist/complete the installation of new aerial and underground fibre cabling, install fibre to home, splice fibre optic cables, service and trouble-shoot fibre related issues, handle customer complaints, questions and develop solutions, complete work/service orders within the allotted time frames according to quality standards.
- Install new aerial fibre cabling on hydro poles to code/Install fibre to home
- Assist in underground construction
- Splice fibre optic cables
- Service and trouble-shoot fibre related issues
- Handle customer complaints, questions and develop solutions
- Responsible for completing work/service orders within the allotted time frames
- Ensure all installation/service work is done according to quality standards
- Report and communicate with dispatch according to company procedures
- Assist with work overflow as needed
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in telecommunications required
- Excellent communication skills
- Working at heights certification is an asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, be comfortable working at heights and in small spaces
- Experience in operating aerial devices, directional drills, excavators, and vibrational plows an asset.
- Valid class “G” driver’s license with good driving record – able to or possess DZ License
- Bondable Education and/or Experience. High school diploma or GED; college courses in technology a definite benefit or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
*Aptitude testing, clean driver’s abstract and criminal background clearance may be required.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Taylor Servos (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 30, 2021 at 5 pm.