Lakeland Networks, based in Bracebridge, is looking for a Professional, Technically Capable, Confident, and Energetic Operator who is responsible for the installation of a full suite of telecommunications services in Muskoka.
Your main responsibilities will be to install conduit and vaults for underground fibre cabling, pull fibre through duct according to project plans, handle customer complaints, questions and develop solutions, complete work/service orders within the allotted time frames according to quality standards.
- Operate Vibrational Plows
- Operate Mini excavators
- Directional drill experience is a definite asset
- Ensure jobs sites are maintained in a safe manner (Trenches fenced off, holes covered, proper traffic control, etc..)
- Read and follow locates
- Locate underground utilities
- Restore areas disturbed to previous conditions or better
- Pull fibre through conduits
- Install new aerial fibre cabling on hydro poles to code/Install fibre to home
- Handle customer complaints, questions and develop solutions
- Responsible for completing work/service orders within the allotted time frames
- Ensure all installation/service work is done according to quality standards
- Report and communicate with dispatch according to company procedures
- Assist with work overflow as needed
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as directed
- Previous experience in telecommunications required
- Excellent communication skills
- Book 7 Training is an asset
- Working at heights certification is an asset
- Trenching Awareness safety training is an asset
- Locating underground utilities
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, be comfortable working at heights and in small spaces
- Experience in operating aerial devices, directional drills, excavators, and vibrational plows an asset.
- Valid class “G” driver’s license with good driving record – able to or possess DZ or AZ License
- Bondable Education and/or Experience. High school diploma or GED; college courses in technology a definite benefit or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
*Aptitude testing, clean driver’s abstract and criminal background clearance may be required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lakeland Holding Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. Lakeland Holding Ltd. offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Lakeland Holding Ltd. regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday